Saturday, April 21, 2012

Easter Dress, etc…

I had a blast sewing my daughter's Easter dress this year. She went to the fabric store with me and chose the fabric herself. I then secretly sewed a matching dress for her American Girl doll. She loved them both!

I also finally got around to sewing her a pink scripture tote. I had made up this tote pattern several years ago when her biggest brother was little and had made a navy blue one. Each of the boys used it in turn, and when she was old enough, she was using it too. But I thought, she needs a pink one! So, I made it for her in time for Easter and she loves it! She has always loved taking her scriptures to church, but now she gets to do it in style! ; )

IMG_2558 Amanda Easter IMG_2558 Amanda Easter

I wish I had taken some better pictures of the scripture tote… and no, I can’t do it now… Um… see, it got dirty and we so we washed it, and well, I had neglected to pre-wash the inner canvas-y type fabric, and well, it shrunk. So, the whole tote is a little messed up. I will have to sew her a new one!


And, I'm linking this up with Such A Sew and Sew's April Finishes Linky Party.

April Finishes

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love her dress! You did a wonderful job :)

Myra said...

Thanks Marion!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! What a beautiful dress! I love the fabrics! And what a fun surprise to have a matching dress for her doll. The scripture tote is so cute too.

Congrats on such fun finishes! And thank you for linking up!

xo -E

Myra said...

Thanks so much Elizabeth! You are so kind! And thanks for having the linky party! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...