Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Been Shoppin’!

It’s been almost two weeks since I last posted and time just keeps flying!  I haven’t even done any sewing in the last two weeks! Ugh. Oh well, that’s life sometimes!

I’m gearing up for another awesome semester with my Liberty Girls group. We’ll be reading the Josefina series from American Girl, and it is set in the time period of 1824 New Mexico. It is a great series! I read all the books a couple of months ago and am now preparing with my co-advisor for all the cool stuff we’re going to do.

First things first – buy fabric for the outfits for the girls and their 18” dolls!!! We’ll be having a Fandango (a party with music,dancing and food) in September with the girls and their families - it’s going to be amazing!

Josefina-meet-f  This is the first book in the series, and the dress Josefina is wearing on the cover of the book is the one we’ll be making for our girls & their dolls. FUN!

IMG_7427

14.5 yards of white fabric for the shirts…

23 yards of the red fabric for the skirts…

45 yards of 1.5” eyelet trim for both the shirts and skirts…

10.5 yards of plaid fabric for the rebozos (shawls)…

oodles of elastic, ribbon and thread…

still need to buy the patterns…

IMG_7431 Now I’ve got to divide it up and deliver each set of supplies to some of the moms who will sew.  I think I’ll be sewing at least 4 girls and 3 doll outfits.

Here we go!

Myra

2 comments:

Amy said...

We had an Native American party with the Kaya American Girl set. We enjoyed reading the Set and then designing outfits.
~Amy~

Unknown said...

That is amazing! You are AWESOME!

Ps - please turn off your robot detector :) my eyeballs cant do it very well :(
Pps- mines been off for a while now and I haven't gotten any spam :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...