Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Manly Man Quilt is Done!!! Woohoo!!

Yay! The Manly Man quilt is done!!! With even a few days left before my son gets home!

It’s been raining today and I wish the sun was shining for some good pictures, but here’s some pictures anyway. It’s a twin-size bedspread so my kids are holding it sideways, trying to keep it off of the wet grass.

LinkIMG_6997 IMG_6998 IMG_7000 IMG_7001

Since this is a manly quilt, I decided to quilt it with simple lines. I’ve heard the term ‘organic lines’ and if that means the lines are not necessarily straight, then these lines are definitely organic! : )

IMG_7002

Aaahhh… soft yummy minky on the back. (This picture doesn’t show the true color of the brown minky. The one below is a more accurate color.)

IMG_7003

I realize that the gift of a homemade bedspread for a 21 year old son may not be the most meaningful thing to him, but I sure had fun making it for him and it was meaningful to me!


May Finishes

21 comments:

April said...

It's beautiful and I love the Minky brown backing! great job!

Myra said...

Thanks April!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

I love it! Minky is a great addition to your Manly quilt! Don't think he won't like it, I made a denim quilt for my son when he turned 21 and now, at age 30, he is taking it to his kids soccer games!

Myra said...

Thank you so much! I just went to your site and WoW! You have so many gorgeous quilts! And the quilting! Wow!!! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Tanner is going to love it! It is wonderful! Organic rocks :) Yesterday was a cold rainy beast. I stayed in my jammies under a blankie;)

Myra said...

Thanks Marion!

Karen said...

Great quilt. I love the simple quilting stitches. My son loves to receive quilts from me, ever has even asked for them. I am sure son will treasure this quilt.

Myra said...

Thanks Karen for the vote of confidence!

Sarah Craig said...

It's gorgeous, and I bet he'll love it!! Whoop whoop!!

Myra said...

You are so sweet Sarah. Thank you!

Amanda said...

It's a beautiful quilt! I love the manly feel of it.

Leo said...

it sure is a nice quilt ... and even though it's a MAN quilt I wouldn't mind one like it.

Myra said...

Thank you Amanda and Strandkorbtraum! You are both very kind. : )

Quiet Quilter said...

I like it!

Myra said...

Thanks Quiet Quilter!

Elizabeth said...

Yay! I love it when a plan comes together! So glad you got it done with time to spare. You did a beautiful job and I hope your son really appreciates it. Great finish! Thank you for linking up!

xo -E

Myra said...

Thank you Elizabeth!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

It's always great to see a guy quilt, I've just made two as surprise gifts for my upcoming adult sons' graduations and now my husband says I have to make one for him also! Love your colourway and haven't tried sewing with Minky yet myself, will have to look into it :)

Myra said...

Thanks ChrissieD! How neat that your husband is requesting a quilt! The ultimate compliment! : )

Amy said...

Myra,
Beautiful quilt! I am sure your son will adore it. I am your newest follower and would love for you to check out my blog. http://sewincrediblycrazy.blogspot.com/
Amy
Sew Incredibly Crazy

Myra said...

Thanks for following Amy! I will definitely check out your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...