Saturday, May 12, 2012

“We interrupt this program…”

Last night I had some time so I sewed on my Manly Man quilt for my soon-to-be-home son. (2 weeks and 5 days!!!) I was able to get the bricks sewn together and into their six rows and ironed.

IMG_6872

IMG_6894

I thought I might get the top all sewn today, but then I got a phone call from a dear friend of mine. Her daughter is getting married next Friday and there had been someone arranged to sew one of the bridesmaids dresses for the bride’s sister, but their availability fell through. So, my friend called me and asked if I might be able to sew the dress for her daughter. I went over to her house to look at the pattern and the fabric to see if it was something I felt I could do, and well, it is! So, I have taken a break from the Manly Man quilt and am now sewing a pretty bridesmaid dress out of beautiful pink satin!


IMG_6895

I got it all cut out today and a good chunk of the bodice done tonight. I hope to get it done by Wednesday. We'll see how it goes!


IMG_6897


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great progress and what a sweet friend :)

Allison said...

the 'manly man' quilt is looking great! hope you get it done in time! the dress pattern looks lovely :)

April said...

5 children!! how amazing and wonderful!! I just found your blog on Freshly Pieced and look forward to browsing your blog. And the warm tones in your WIP are beautiufl. April @Little mama Hen.

Myra said...

Thanks Allison! I hope I get it done in time, too! ; )

Myra said...

Thanks April! Yes, 5. And they are so wonderful!!! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...