Saturday, May 26, 2012

Reconstruction and a Play!

This last week my three youngest kids were in the play “Mulan Jr.” and they did such a great job! The whole cast really did well with it all. It was so fun to watch!

The costumes were absolutely amazing! They were so beautiful and well done. In a picture below you can see the amazing detailed embroidery on my daughter’s Cricket costume.

My oldest son was given a costume that was a little small for him. He struggled at every dress rehearsal to get the shirt on and off, and ended up ripping the seams under the arms with his efforts. I asked the costume lady if it would be alright if I put in some inserts under the arm and down the side seams and she said to go for it. The inserts increased the width of the shirt about 6” and it really helped him be able to make his scene changes more on time. : )

IMG_6938

IMG_6939

IMG_6943

Here’s my cute actors! L-R Shang soldier (also a Mushu dancer), the Cricket (also a Mushu dancer and an Umbrella dancer), and a Hun soldier (also the Emporer and a Mushu dancer).

IMG_6966 IMG_6970IMG_6968

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I some how missed this post :( how cool for them to do this together :) I bet it was wonderful!

Myra said...

Yes it was so great for them to do this together. They had a fabulous time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...